ANTARCTICA FLIGHT + CAMPING OVERNIGHT – FROM PUNTA ARENASfrom
A night on another world
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Antarctic Camping, Antarctica, Camping, Glaciers, Ice Trekking, Luxury, Penguin, Punta Arenas, Trekking, Wild Life
- Activity Level Challenging
One of the most remote points on Earth. The coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and less populated continent. A continent that has been completely sunk by ice, which has not only shaped its topography but also influenced its evolution.
On our aircraft, you will fly over the Magellan Strait, Tierra del Fuego Island, Darwin Mountain Range, the mythical Cape Horn and the raft Drake Passage, finally arriving at King George Island, gateway to the White Continent.
For those who wish to extend their stay in King George Island, going deeper into their experience of the White Continent, there is the option to stay the night on Antarctic grounds before flying back to Punta Arenas.
After their arrival on board Antarctic Airways’ aircraft, and their visit to the attractions described in the Full Day program, travelers of the Overnight program will stay the night on a specially conditioned camp near the spectacular Collins Glacier, capturing a privileged view of the summer Antarctic “sunset”. The next day, they will continue their adventure, before taking off to the capital of Magallanes.
OVERNIGHT IN ANTARCTIC CAMPING: PRICE FROM USD 6.500.- PER PERSON
- December 2021: Thursday 9th & Friday 31st (KING)
- January 2022: Thursday 6th , Wednesday 19th, Sunday 30th (KING)
- February 2022: Tuesday 8th, Monday 21st, Sunday 27th (KING)
- March 2022: Saturday 5th, Friday 11th (KING)
KING: Beechcraft King Air 300: Minimum 5 passengers, maximum 6 passengers.
The realization of this program and its activities are subject to weather conditions. To land safely, a clear sky with perfect visibility is required, that is why in many cases trips need to be postponed while waiting for adequate weather conditions or an improvement in the conditions of the landing strip. That is why having a tight schedule to do your Antarctic program is not advisable: possible delays of several days must be considered. When scheduling, it is advised to consider a window of several days to gain some flexibility.
King George Island is located at the northern end of the Antarctic Peninsula. This is one of the most remote places on earth; therefore, it is hard to reach. This unique and fascinating destination present special challenges; it is difficult to find modern life comforts and the weather is highly unpredictable.
This is a safe program, developed by high-level professionals with over 20 years of experience in Antarctica. However, in King George Island there are no hospitals or emergency units, therefore the airline requires passengers to have appropriate insurance that includes medical evaluation.
Age and physical condition:
In general, the Antarctic visit is not recommended for children under 12 years old. Most of the visit is done by foot. The elderly, or those with reduced mobility are not impeded to make this visit, however, it is important their condition is informed at the moment of registering so the necessary logistics are in place. We will not be responsible for having vehicles or special support for these passengers, if they have not informed of these requirements beforehand, and it reserves the right to evacuate if the visit is possible or not.
- 4 nights of accommodation on Punta Arenas with breakfast, based in double room. (If you wish to request a Single room you have to pay a supplement).
- 1 night of overnight in Antarctic Camping
- Briefing on Punta Arenas day prior to departure.
- All the meals and beverages are included during the development of the program. It is the responsibility of each person to indicate in the Booking Form some meal restriction or special requirement.
- Air Taxes.
- Insurance: The airline declares that their insurance of civil liability covers all passengers against risks while they are on the airplane and when boarding or disembarking via the stairs. Therefore, all passengers must have the necessary insurance to cover civil liability derived from any injuries or illnesses that they may sustain while being outside the plane. Likewise, the operator must demand passengers to have rescue insurance that covers a potential evacuation from Antarctica by air. The parties involved consider it an essential subject that all passengers have the insurance mentioned above.
- Day 1 PUNTA ARENAS / ANTARCTICA
A transfer will pick you up from the hotel to Punta Arenas airport to board your flight with the destination to King George Island (Antarctica). Upon entering the plane, you will find a bag on your seat. Inside, a lunchbox contains your menu. Given the reduced size of this aircraft, it operates as self-service. Upon landing our staff will dispose of it, exchanging it for a new one to be used on the flight back to Punta Arenas. For safety reasons, we do not serve alcoholic drinks on our flights towards Antarctica. However, they will be available for the flight back to Punta Arenas. At your arrival you will be welcomed by our Antarctic tour guide who will take you on a tour visiting different areas of the island like Villa las Estrellas (first settlement inhabited by civilians), Orthodox Russian Church at Bellingshausen station, navigation on a zodiac boat to Ardley Island to visit some penguin colonies (Gentoo, Chinstrap, Adelie).
After the activities of the full day, passengers will be taken to the Ice Camp based, near to Colins glacier, located about 5 kms (6 miles) from the runway. This ice camp includes a thermic tent (module) as a dining room for the entire group, one special tent as a basic expedition toilette and three different small thermic tents for two people each one, to spend the night.
- Day 2 ANTARCTICA / PUNTA ARENAS
Next day you will have a walk to the “Elefanteras” (sea elephant colony), a visit to the Chinese station “Great Wall” and depending on the weather conditions it is also possible to visit other tourist attractions before returning to Punta Arenas.