ANTARCTICA FULL DAY (BY FLIGHT)- FROM PUNTA ARENASfrom
A day on another world
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Antarctica, Glaciers, Ice Trekking, Luxury, Penguin, Punta Arenas, Trekking
- Activity Level Challenging
One of the most remote points on Earth. The coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and less populated continent. A continent that has been completely sunk by ice, which has not only shaped its topography but also influenced its evolution.
On our aircraft, you will fly over the Magellan Strait, Tierra del Fuego Island, Darwin Mountain Range, the mythical Cape Horn and the raft Drake Passage, finally arriving at King George Island, gateway to the White Continent.
FULL DAY ANTARCTICA FROM PUNTA ARENAS: PRICE FROM USD 5.500.- PER PERSON
- December 2021: Saturday 4th (KING) & 18th (BAE)
- January 2022: Tuesday 11th (BAE)
- February 2022: Tuesday 15th (BAE)
- March 2022: Saturday 19th (BAE) & Tuesday 22nd (KING)
KING: Beechcraft King Air 300: Minimum 5 passengers, maximum 6 passengers.
BAE: Bae-146 200: Minimum 25 passengers, maximum 35 passengers.
The realization of this program and its activities are subject to weather conditions. To land safely, a clear sky with perfect visibility is required, that is why in many cases trips need to be postponed while waiting for adequate weather conditions or an improvement in the conditions of the landing strip. That is why having a tight schedule to do your Antarctic program is not advisable: possible delays of several days must be considered. When scheduling, it is advised to consider a window of several days to gain some flexibility.
King George Island is located at the northern end of the Antarctic Peninsula. This is one of the most remote places on earth; therefore, it is hard to reach. This unique and fascinating destination present special challenges; it is difficult to find modern life comforts and the weather is highly unpredictable.
This is a safe program, developed by high-level professionals with over 20 years of experience in Antarctica. However, in King George Island there are no hospitals or emergency units, therefore the airline requires passengers to have appropriate insurance that includes medical evaluation.
Age and physical condition:
In general, the Antarctic visit is not recommended for children under 12 years old. Most of the visit is done by foot. The elderly, or those with reduced mobility are not impeded to make this visit, however, it is important their condition is informed at the moment of registering so the necessary logistics are in place. We will not be responsible for having vehicles or special support for these passengers, if they have not informed of these requirements beforehand, and it reserves the right to evacuate if the visit is possible or not.
- 4 nights of accommodation on Punta Arenas with breakfast, based in double room. (If you wish to request a Single room you have to pay a supplement).
- Briefing on Punta Arenas day prior to departure.
- All the meals and beverages are included during the development of the program. It is the responsibility of each person to indicate in the Booking Form some meal restriction or special requirement.
- Air Taxes.
- Insurance: The airline declares that their insurance of civil liability covers all passengers against risks while they are on the airplane and when boarding or disembarking via the stairs. Therefore, all passengers must have the necessary insurance to cover civil liability derived from any injuries or illnesses that they may sustain while being outside the plane. Likewise, the operator must demand passengers to have rescue insurance that covers a potential evacuation from Antarctica by air. The parties involved consider it an essential subject that all passengers have the insurance mentioned above.
- Day 1 PUNTA ARENAS / ANTARCTICA/ PUNTA ARENAS
A transfer will pick you up from the hotel to Punta Arenas airport to board your flight with the destination to King George Island (Antarctica). Upon entering the plane, you will find a bag on your seat. Inside, a lunchbox contains your menu. Given the reduced size of this aircraft, it operates as self-service. Upon landing our staff will dispose of it, exchanging it for a new one to be used on the flight back to Punta Arenas. For safety reasons, we do not serve alcoholic drinks on our flights towards Antarctica. However, they will be available for the flight back to Punta Arenas. At your arrival you will be welcomed by our Antarctic tour guide who will take you on a tour visiting different areas of the island like Villa las Estrellas (first settlement inhabited by civilians), Orthodox Russian Church at Bellingshausen station, navigation on a zodiac boat to Ardley Island to visit some penguin colonies (Gentoo, Chinstrap, Adelie).
After 5 hours of the tour (weather permitting), you will take the flight back to Punta Arenas where a transfer will be waiting for you to take you to the hotel.
Full-day program has an approximated duration of five hours on King George Island.