BIRDWATCHING & TREKK – FULL DAYfrom
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Bird Watching, Boutique, Budget, Charming, Classic, Ecofriendly, Face to Face, Family-friendly, Forest, Glaciers, GROUP DEPARTURES, Hiking, Lake, Local People, Luxury, Mid-range, Mountain, National Park, Photograph, Quiet, Romantic, Rural, Trekking, Trendy, Walking Tour, Wild Life
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Small Group
The wealth and diversity of landscapes surrounding El Chaltén make it a fantastic destination for bird lovers.
The National Park Los Glaciares has, according to the last census, 10% of the species found in Argentina, this signifies 1% of the world’s species. What is also important are the birds endemic and special to the area, and that are highly regarded, like the Andean Condor, the black chested buzzard eagle, the torrent duck, the austral parakeet (the most southerly in the world), the Magellanic woodpecker (the largest of the Americas), to name but a few.
The aquatic birds that we can spot are flamingoes, black necked swans, ducks, geese and grebes.
The steppe gives us the possibility of spotting the speedy but flightless rhea, amongst other species.
We suggest you bring: a small backpack, water, hat, sunglasses, rain jacket, polar sweater, gloves, sunscreen, trekking shoes.
Experience required: Fit. No trekking experience required.
Duration: to be agreed.
-Regular tour departs everyday, from Octubre to April.
-Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
- Pick up and Drop off at your hotel;
- Meals: Hot drinks. (Optional – pack lunches or others).
- Mountain expert English speaking guide (AAGM/EPGAMT-APN) specialized in Birdwatching & Nature interpretation.
- Personal equipment;
- Porters (for backpacks, tripods, etc);
- Alcoholic drinks or fizzy drinks;