ELQUI VALLEY: ASTRONOMICAL HORSEBACK RIDING – HALF DAYfrom
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Astronomy, Boutique, Budget, Charming, Family-friendly, GROUP DEPARTURES, Horseback Riding, Mid-range, Mountain, Photograph, Quiet, Romantic, Rural, Trendy
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
We depart riding on horseback up the mountain side in a deep contact with the surroundings and warm colours of the sunset creating sensorial connections that mesmerize as we get closer to the night sky. During the sunset, our local guide will show us alternative paths that were traditionally used by the Chilean huasos.
Upon arrival we will meet with a perfect scenario as the night falls in absolute darkness to receive a perfect Astro Experience using high-level astronomical observation in the quality of a Sky-Watcher 20” Dobsonian telescope differentiating the contrast and full prominence of the night sky in the southern hemisphere, amidst a log fire inside an amphitheatre with a homemade pisco sour whilst listening to our bilingual tour guide, incorporating an observation program of 7 celestial objects approximately through our professional telescope, complemented by enjoyable interactions, understanding and identifying objects in the sky with the naked eye.
Note: The tour starts from a meeting point in Pisco Elqui.
Recommendations: wear comfortable and warm clothing. It is also recommended to have dinner before.
Duration: 3 hours.
-Regular tour departs everyday, all year long.
-Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
- Drop off at your hotel;
- 1-hour horseback riding with previous instructions;
- Observation using a Sky-Watcher 20” Dobsonian telescope;
- An entertaining lecture on astronomy in the amphitheatre “circle of fire”;
- The Mistral Distillery offering their blend of pisco to make our delicious pisco sour, or our natural grape juice;
- 1 night photography snapshot of you with the brilliant sky in the background taken in digital format capturing sent as a souvenir;
- English Speaking astronomical guide.
- Pick up from your hotel;