FARM DAY: ESTANCIA ROLITO & SAN PABLO CAPE – FULL DAYfrom
Hidden secrets of this land
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Budget, Charming, Classic, Family-friendly, Forest, Hiking, Lake, Local Food, Local People, Mountain, National Park, Photograph, Quiet, Romantic, Rural, Seaside, Tasting, Trendy, Walking Tour, Wild Life, Wines
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Medium Group
Every land has its own secrets but not everyone is chosen to know them. A lighthouse in a lonely cape, a mysterious sunken ship for 40 years, and a distinguished antique estancia are some of the icons that reveal the unknown stories of Tierra del Fuego.
Very early in the morning, our team left Ushuaia with our guests following National Route 3 and crossing The Andes through the Garibaldi Pass. We stopped by the little town of Tolhuin, heart of the island, to visit La Unión Bakery. This is a
traditional meeting point for both locals and visitors and it is part of the charm of this village. By midday we came to the Provincial Route “A”, where we took a gravel road heading toward the Atlantic Ocean and the San Pablo Cape. At this point, we hiked up to an isolated mountain with an abandoned lighthouse at the end.
Climbing to the top of this beacon, our guests could appreciate The Desdemona, an abandoned ship for almost 40 years ago which invites us to sail through time. It happened on a cold winter morning in 1983; when this enormous craft ran aground on the shores of the Argentine Sea. After exploring this mysterious giant, we visited the Estancia Rolito. This lovely ranch, that keeps the spirit of a family business based on sheep farming tradition, is the first ranch to open its gates to rural tourism.
Recommendation: drink water. Weark comfortable shoes, a rain coat and sun glasses. Bring your camera!
Duration: approx. 10 hours.
-Regular tour departs on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, from October to April, at 08.00 am.
-Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
- Pick up and Drop Off at your hotel;
- Box Lunch + beverage;
- English Speaking guide.
- 08.00AM Pick up from hotel
- 09.15AM Technical Stop at Tolhuin
- 11.00AM Arrival at Cabo San Pablo Cape
- 13.45PM Departure to The Desdemona
- 14.00PM Desdemona visit
- 14.45PM Departure to Estancia Rolito
- 15.30PM Arrival at Rolito + Tea + Estancia visit
- 17.00PM Departure to Ushuaia
- 18.30PM Arrival at the city