HIKING TO LAGO GREY LOOKOUT – FULL DAYfrom
From Puerto Natales
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Starting at 06:00 picking you up at your hotel in Puerto Natales and then go to Pudeto area to cross Pehoé Lake in a catamaran (not included in the price), to the Paine Grande refuge. From there we will begin our walk, heading to the viewpoint of Grey Glacier, to enjoy a view of this mass of ice that emerges from the Southern Ice Field.
At first we wall by the side of a small lagoon, leaving back Lake Pehoé. We will arrive to the area of the “Quebrada de los Vientos”, just before reaching a sector of large rounded rocks from where the south beach of Gray Lake is visible, normally populated by ice.
We will continue with our walk for approximately 2 hours, in northwest direction. Our journey contemplates a flat terrain with small lengas to then reach an area of about 450 meters asl. From there begins a slight descent with Grey Lake on our left. Half hour before reaching the Grey Refuge, we will find abundant vegetation. Afterwards, we will cross a bridge over themriver Olguín, located on a boxed section of the river. After 15 min, a short descent will take us to the refuge where the lookpoint is.
At the end, the return is through the same route to Refugio Paine Grande, from where we will take the catamaran to the sector of Pudeto, arriving to our vehicle that will take us back to Puerto Natales, arriving in the city around 9:00 p.m.
- Excursion of high physical demand;
- Schedules may change according to weather conditions and physical conditions of traverls;
- Minimum age required to performing this excursion: 15 years old.
Duration: 15 hours.
-Regular tour departs daily from December 1st to March 31th at 06:00 am.
–Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
THIS EXCURSION DOES NOT OPERATE DECEMBER 25 AND JANUARY 1
- Pick up and Drop off at your hotel;
- Lunch: water, fruit, brownie, cookies, juice, sandwich, mix dry fruits;
- Optional: bamboo canes, ponchos and gaiters;
- English Speaking guide.
- Entrence fee to Torres del Paine National Park;
- Catamar Pehoe ticket;
- Any other fee not mentioned;