SALTA EXTENSION – 4 DAYS & 3 NIGHTSfrom
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCharming, Charming, City Tour, Classic, Family-friendly, Food - Wine, GROUP DEPARTURES, Historical, Local Food, Local People, Rural, Salt Flat, Wines
- Activity Level Leisurely-en
- Group Size Medium Group
1 Direct Flight per day: Puerto Iguazú – Salta
Bright colorful ravines, the magnificence of the Pre-Columbian cultures and hidden small villages which will transport you in time, will make you fall for this magic, warm paradise: The North-west of Argentina.
This area is the open door to an extraordinary variety of pictures of salt, desert, and jungle. You are invited to feel a deep natural and cultural experience, embellished by its exquisite flavors, the nature of its wines, the melody of its folk music and by its main feature: the people’s politeness.
The City of Salta:
Feel the pleasure of walking in the historical center of this picturesque city. Know its streets which belong to the Colonial period, and of course, climb up the representative Cerro San Lorenzo, at the foot of which the city lies.
We will be very pleased to take you and show you this vast land of salt, going through the winding Cuesta de Lipán and the Puno village called San Antonio de Los Cobres.
Mankind Heritance, Jujuy:
Close to Río Grande stretches this marvelous evidence of cultural and landscape richness of our North-East area. We offer you beautiful journeys through its ravine, visits to native fortresses, to Seven Colors Hill and legendary villages, as well as good fun circuits in 4×4, caravans with llamas (typical South American animals) and lodging in charming inns.
- All services, transfers, and excursions detailed in the programme, in regular services with an English-speaking local guide (German-speaking local guide where is available);
- 03 nights of accommodation in the suggested Tourist 3-star Hotels or similar ones according to the availability at the time of the booking request
- 02 Night´s accommodation in Salta
- 01 Night´s accommodation in Purmamarca
- Meals detail in the itinerary: Breakfast (3);
- Taxes (land services, excluded accommodation).
- International or domestic flights;
- Accommodation 21% VAT, according to law RG1043/16 Argentina´s Government has removed value added tax (VAT) on lodging and breakfast services for foreign travelers;
- Entrance fees;
- Meals and services not mentioned in the programme;
- Early check in / Late check-out at hotels (except where it is specified);
- Optional tours;
- Any kind of insurance.
- Day 15 PUERTO IGUAZÚ - SALTA
Daily direct flight from PUERTO IGUAZO to Salta.
Arrival at Salta Airport and transfer to your hotel.
Rest of the day at leisure to enjoy this picturesque Salta Capital City. We suggest visiting: the cathedral, the Church of San Francisco, the town hall, the Historic Museum of the North, the craft market and San Bernardo Hill.
Night in Salta, standard room (B)
- Day 16 SALTA – SALT FLATS - PURMAMARCA
We will travel along the Tren de las Nubes’ railroad track, next to ”Quebrada del Toro”. We start ascending so we can reach 4080 meters above sea level. We arrive to San Antonio de los Cobres. We take a lunck break. Then, we will go throught the National Route 40 so we can get to Salinas Grandes, located in the limit between Salta and Jujuy. Next, we start descending the Lipán Slope. There you may see condors. Arrive in the little town of Pumamarca where you can see the Cerro de los Siete Colores.
Night in Purmamarca, standard room (B)
- Day 17 PURMAMARCA – HUMAHUACA GORGE
Departure from Pumamarca so we can start our trip to the Humahuaca Gorge. It was declared by the UNESCO World Heritage. We will go through La Posta de los Hornillos and the Capricorn Tropic. We will visit the Uquía Church where we can find the painting of the Arcabuceros’ Angels. We will arrive in Humahuaca where we can visit the Cathedral and Independence Monoument (El Indio). After lunch we go back so we can see the Paleta del Pintor located in Maimara town. Arrive in San Salvador de Jujuy so we can visit the city. Going back toy Salta.
Night in Salta, standard room (B)
- Day 18 SALTA - DEPARTURE
Free day so you can tour this beautiful city on you own. Transfer to the airport. (B)