USHUAIA: ESTANCIA HARBERTON + PENGUINS + TREKK – FULL DAYfrom
Opening the Gates
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Budget, Charming, Classic, Face to Face, Family-friendly, Forest, Hiking, Lake, Local Food, Local People, Mountain, National Park, Penguin, Photograph, Quiet, Romantic, Rural, Seaside, Trekking, Trendy, Walking Tour, Wild Life, Wines
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Medium Group
Visit the oldest estancia in Tierra del Fuego, an imposing country house. Contemplate the gracious Magellanic and Gentoo penguins, closing the day with a scenery hike along the coast a river, reaching to exclusive isolated spots.
We depart in the morning taking National Route 3 to its intersection with “J” Route, where we turn into the coastal zone, bordering Lasifashaj´s river valley, almost to the mouth of the Beagle Channel in Brown Bay. We get to the estancia
Harberton, where its manager, one of the founder´s great-grandsons receive us warmly. We walk around the establishment, learning about its history of wool activity.
Later, we take a Zodiac boat to visit a huge colony of Magellanic and Gentoo penguins. Rambling around these gracious seabirds respectfully, we learn about their life and the ways of conservation. Back in the ranch, we go to Cambaceres Bay and hike from there along the coast of the river Lasifashaj up to a rough waterfall product of the narrowing of the river valley. Finally, we visit Puerto Almanza, the most southern fishing port in Argentina.
Recommendation: drink water. Weark comfortable shoes, a rain coat and sun glasses. Bring your camera!
Duration: 10 hours.
-Regular tour departs daily, from October to April, at 08.00 am.
-Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
- Pick up and Drop Off at your hotel;
- Box Lunch + beverage;
- English Speaking guide.
- Entrance fee to Estancia Harberton;
- 08.00AM Pick up from hotel
- 09.30AM Arrival at Estancia Haberton and exploration
- 10.00AM Crossing to Penguin spot
- 10.15AM Arrival at Hammer Island/Walk with penguins
- 11.30AM Back to Estancia
- 12.30HS Arrival at Cambaceres Bay / Lunch
- 14.00PM Trekking to Lasifashaj River Cascade
- 15.00PM Arrival at the Cascade/Snack
- 16.15PM Departure to Puerto Almanza
- 16.30PM Photo Shop
- 18.00PM Back to the city