TORRES DEL PAINE: KAYAKING GREY RIVER – FULL DAY
From Puerto Natales, Chile
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Charming, Ecofriendly, Glaciers, GROUP DEPARTURES, Ice Trekking, Kayaking, Lake, Mid-range, Mountain, National Park, Navigation, Photograph, Puerto Natales, Quiet, Rural, Sports, Trekking, Water Sports
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
We invite you to paddle between the icebergs of Grey Lake Lake, enjoying the view of Paine Grande, and then continue paddling though the Grey River.
Private transportation will be provided from your hotel/hostel to the shores of Grey Lake, located in Torres del Paine National Park.
While enjoying the view of Paine Grande and Glacier Grey, our guide will give a brief explanation of safety and instructions for paddling efficiently. You will navigate the lake and river for approximately 1.5 hours, all the while paddling through floes of ice that have descended from Glacier Grey. These icebergs are scattered throughout the lake and are sculpted into incredible shapes by the wind and sun, before being pushed to the shores of the lake. During the entire navigation, we will have an amazing view of the magnificent Paine Massif; including Paine Grande, the Cordillera Olguin, and Los Cuernos (The Horns of Paine).
After paddling in Grey Lake, we will begin the descent of Grey River. The river serpents through deep canyons with steep rock faces, creating sections of rapids that are exciting and entertaining. We will continue to paddle next to the Paine Massif for 25 km, the length of Grey River until it joins with the turquoise water of the Serrano River. After paddling for 3/4 hours, the adventure comes to an end at Serrano Village, where we will provide you with a lunch box. Private transportation is provided for your return to Puerto Natales.
Duration: approx. 7 hours.
-Regular tour departs all year long at 07.00 am.
-Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
- Pick up and Drop off at your hotel;
- Accident Insurance for each participant;
- Wilderness First Responder.
- Double Kayaks (HTP, PriLite, Laminated Kayaks);
- Kayak Equipment: Neoprene Wetsuit (3 mm), Paddling Jacket with hood, Life Jackets, Paddler’s Gloves, Wet-shoe 4 mm. Neoprene, Wet-socks 2mm. Neoprene, Spray skirt 4mm. Neoprene Deck, Dry Bags, Compact / Waterproof Camera Case;
- Safety Equipment: Pomp – Tow Line – VHF Radio Communications – Satellite Communications – First Aid Kit;
- Hypothermia Kits;
- English Speaking guide.
- Medical expenses;
- Personal expenses;
- Entrance fee to Torres del Paine National Park;
- Alcoholics and non alcoholics drinks;