TORRES DEL PAINE: THE FJORD TRAIL – 3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS
From Torres del Paine, Chile
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Charming, Ecofriendly, Forest, Glaciers, GROUP DEPARTURES, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Ice Trekking, Lake, Mountain, National Park, Photograph, Puerto Natales, Quiet, Romantic, Rural, Trekking, Wild Life
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Ideal for beginners and young riders, this 3-day experience shows you Torres del Paine from an entirely new perspective. Criollo horses and a local baqueano will accompany you through woods, past lakes, along rivers and to glaciers – all while you simply gaze in awe at your surroundings.
DAY 1: Meet the horses — Ride to Lake Brush
10 MINUTES TRANSFER / 4-HOUR RIDE, WALKING AND TROTTING
We meet at noon at the National Park’s administration and take a transfer south across the Serrano River to a traditional Patagonian farmhouse. Here, we’ll choose horses to accompany us on our journey to a secluded valley at the border of Torres del Paine National Park. To get there, we’ll ride across several rivers and trot through landscapes filled with wetlands and lakes, while views of the Paine Massif and its glaciers alter alongside us. We’ll set up camp on the shores of Lake Brush and enjoy a hearty Patagonian style barbecue.
Night at Brush Campsite (B-BL-D).
DAY 2: One-way trail ride to Serrano Glacier
5-HOURS RIDE, WALKING
After a nourishing breakfast we’ll set off for Bernardo O’Higgins National Park. Today’s trail is a peaceful one, taking us through humid forests and following the Serrano River until its mouth at the Last Hope Sound. Our destination is Hostería Balmaceda, where there are wonderful views of the Serrano Glacier as it seems to cascade into the lagoon beneath it. Here, we’ll leave our horses to their guide’s care, enjoy dinner together and settle in for a good night’s rest.
Night at Hosteria Balmaceda (B-BL-D).
DAY 3: Boat trip to Puerto Natales
10 MINUTES BY ZODIAC / 45 MIN WALK / 3 HOURS BY BOAT
Our day begins crossing the river into the Last Hope Sound by zodiac, coming face-to-face with the steeply-descending Serrano Glacier at the foot of Mount Balmaceda (2148 m). We’ll take a short walk up to the glacier where we’ll board a boat bound for Puerto Natales via the Last Hope Sound. We will arrive to Puerto Natales around 6.00 pm.
-Regular tour departs from September to April at 07.00 am.
-Private tour departure schedule is coordinated previously with the passenger depending on their availability.
- Pick up adn Drop off at your hotel;
- All horses, saddles and packhorses;
- Helmets, Leather chaps, leather gloves, saddle bags, dry bags;
- All meals indicated in the schedule (B: breakfast, BL: picnic lunch, D: dinner, BBQ: barbecue);
- One night at Lake Brush camp (Mountain Hardwear, Trango 3.1 triple tents, double occupancy basis);
- One night at Hosteria Balmaceda (Twin standard rooms);
- Entrance fee to Bernardo O´Higgins National Park;
- Navigation from Monte Balmaceda to Puerto Natales;
- English-Speaking Guide, plus a Baqueano Guide (local cowboy).
- Any additional nights;
- Medical expenses;
- Travel insurance (insurance for air medical rescue service – first aid and/or evacuation – included);
- Personal expenses;
- Sleeping bag and mattress;
- Entrance fee to Torres del Paine National Park;
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks at the Hostería Balmaceda;